“Understand the various components of the AppSense Management Suite, as well as key features of each”
Welcome to the beginning!
What is DesktopNow? DesktopNow is an application suite that provides End-user and VDI solutions for some of the trickiest problems such asProfile management, desktop rights (No more user administrators!), software licensing control (For example Microsoft Office). It’s used in a VMware Horizon View, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, Microsoft RDS environment- it’s agent based and managed centrally.
The DesktopNow suite is made up of (Right off the AppSense website):
Set up, configure, personalize, control, lock-down and self-heal users on any desktop.
- Centralized user management
- Set up, personalize, lock down, and self-heal desktops
- Cross-platform personalization
- Context & location based controls
Control application access entitlement, eliminate the need for full Local Administrator accounts, manage URL and network access, and reduce per device application license requirements.
- Privilege management
- Application control
- Software licensing enforcement
- Compliance and governance
Dynamically control and allocate CPU, memory and disk resource to improve quality of service, increase user density and reduce hardware requirements.
- Granular system resource entitlement
- Improve user experience and response times
- Enable server consolidation and reduce costs
- Control run-away or rogue processes
AppSense Management Center is part of AppSense DesktopNow suite of products. It is the framework that enables AppSense user virtualization technologies to be deployed and scale rapidly throughout the enterprise.
- Manage multiple configurations
- Deploy agents and patches
- Monitor Client health and Manage Alerting