There’s a an updated version of vSphere out, vSphere 5.5 update 2.
- Hosts can have 6TB of RAM installed
- Microsoft SQL 2012 sp1 and 2014 support
- Drops web client support for Windows XP and Vista
- Drops IBM DB2 as a supported for the vCenter database
- Other improvements and bug fixes
But also improved and not necessarily trumpeted in the announcement? A new and improved C# Client, complete with 100+ bug fixes and the ability to edit Virtual Hardware Version 10 machines!
This is a huge step forward for the C# Client! Even if you can’t use it to configure advanced HW10 features, it can be used to increase number of vCPUs, Memory, disk space…. all of the important stuff.
The rumor mill can also be heard saying that the C# client will gain full functionality in the coming year.
Important note: I didn’t need to upgrade my lab to the latest upgrade to edit HW version 10- I was able to just use the new C# client available on the installation media.